As a business, you need to be visible. Without visibility you’re going to fail, and all your hard work is going to be for nothing. There are so many reasons that your website is not giving you the sales that you need, but it’s probably not as obvious as you would like it to be.
Every website is unique, just like every business is unique. You need to make changes sometimes to see where the problems lie and where you need to make improvements. Improvements come everywhere in a business, whether it’s switching payroll providers to cloudpay or you make the decision to reboot your entire website. With that in mind, here are a few solid reasons that your website isn’t generating the sales you hoped it would.
- No one can see you in search engine results pages. If you are not generating sales, the most common reason is that no one can find you. You need to get your SEO set up properly and do it early enough so that you are visible online. Optimization isn’t a one-time thing. You need to be on the ball with it so that you can be consistently visible to your audience.
- Your site map sucks. If your website is too hard to navigate, people are going to switch off almost instantly. You get about thirty seconds to make a good impression on your business audience. If you aren’t looking at your sitemap to make your site easy to navigate, you’re going to fail.
- It’s all sales. People may come to your site for a product, but you also need to answer what they need. Customers have questions, and you can answer those questions, but only if you are smart about your website content. You have to both sell a product and answer the questions that your customers will have. This means answering the questions about your product that you know customers will be looking for. You can sell a product and meet the needs of your customers at the same time – it’s the smart way to be in business.
- It’s too hard. Your website needs to be easy. You want people to want to buy from you, which means that you need to sell well and not sell too hard! Sure, tell people why they should buy from you but don’t badger people. Don’t demand that they buy from you. Give them the space that they need to make an informed decision for themselves.
- It’s just not enough! The opposite issue is that your website doesn’t have enough in the way of sales tactics. There are no calls to action, there is not enough information and there is just not enough of a push to show them that you’re selling something amazing. There has to be an incentive for your customers to want to follow through with those sales, and it’s up to you to provide those incentives.
Make your website stand out and maximize your SEO for top results!